Collector coins are inspired by various events or anniversaries, but they are also minted to celebrate the beauty of the world’s most precious works of sacred art. Such was the case with the offered Giants of Art Sistine Chapel numismat made in Côte d’Ivoire in 2018. This is another coin in the Giants of Art series, which this time depicts a remarkable fresco by Michelangelo from the 16th century. This painting, one of the most famous in the entire globe, is located in the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican, captivating with its artistry. The coin’s beautiful colors and attention to the smallest details delight art lovers and numismatists alike.
Distinguishing features of the coin:
- Single-component and carefully worked silver block.
- Impressive dimensions – 275 mm x 395 mm
- Limited number of copies – only 750 pieces were minted
- Collector coin issued in Côte d’Ivoire in 2018
- Elegant workmanship and precise design