Extraordinary set of coins!
The Royal Canadian Mint has become the first mint in the world to issue a coin with a Venetian glass element. This beautiful silver coin was minted in 2011. Its engraved reverse bore a colored tulip bloom decorated with a delicate Venetian glass ladybug. Each of the ladybugs was handcrafted from Venetian glass which was renowned by a master glassmaker from Murano, Italy, to show its intense color and gem-like clarity.
The mintage of 100 coins was the first flagship release which has become an annual series of stunning flora-themed coins with Venetian glass fauna and Canadian twist.
Become an owner of these extraordinary coins and stuck in the world class 99.99% pure gold from the Royal Canadian Mint.
- Set of 5 unique and stunning gold coins
- Superb craftsmanship in 24 karat gold
- Sold out at the Mint!
- Remarkably exclusive! The mintage restricted to a mere 100 coins!
- The Royal Canadian Mint issued the world first series of coins which use Venetian glass
- Venetian glass element on coins are handmade by master glassmaker Giuliano Donaggio in Murano
- Coin comes in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maple wooden case with a black beauty box. A certificate of authenticity is included
Canada 2011 – Tulip with Venetian Glass Ladybug Murano Glass
Canada 2012 – Aster with Venetian Glass Bumble Bee Murano Glass
Canada 2013 – Purple Coneflower with Venetian Glass Butterfly Murano Glass
Canada 2014 – Water-lily and Venetian Glass Leopard Frog Murano Glass
Canada 2015 – Turtle with Broadleaf Arrowhead Flower Murano Glass
The coins have been designed by Maurice Garvis, a Canadian artist. The reverse of each coin includes selectively painted and engraved image of Canadian floral species embellished with a Venetian glass element handcrafted by Giuliano Donaggio who is a master glassmaker from Murano, Italy.
• Tulip and Ladybug – The first coin in the collection! A red and black Venetian glass ladybug sits on the bright green leaf of a red tulip.
• Aster and Bumble Bee –A yellow-banded Bumble Bee seats on the golden heart of an engraved and colored purple aster.
• Purple Coneflower and Eastern Tailed Blue Butterfly – A red-spotted indigo Venetian glass butterfly perches on the pink petals of a coneflower and it is about to feed from the flower center.
• Water Lily and Leopard Frog – A grass-green Venetian glass frog sits on a brightly painted water lily leaf beside a painted and engraved yellow water lily blossom.
Your coins are presented in a wooden case branded with the Royal Canadian Mint logo and a black beauty box.