This coin is a continuation beautiful series of the Masterpieces of Art.
A numismatic masterpiece, made of 3 oz / 93,3 grams of pure silver 999 with authentic swarovski crystals inlaid in this 55 mm coin, issued by Cook Islands.
- Contains 3 oz / 93,3 grams of .999 fine Silver.
- Coin embellished with 17 Swarovski crystals
- Coin comes in a beautiful black box with a COA.
- Strict limited mintage of only 1689 coins.
- Obverse: Effigy of Queen Elizabeth II, “Cook Islands”, and the legal tender value of 20 Dollars.
- Reverse: A very high quality rendition of The Adoration of the Shepherds – Charles Le Brun
Adoration of the Shepherds – Charles Le Brun
Charles Le Brun was a major figure in 17th Century French Painting. Here, in his Adoration of the Shepherds (also here), he displays his skill with composition, color and light, using them to gently guide our eye through several aspects of a complex scene.
The immediate focus, of course, is on the mother and child, their illuminated figures accented by the darkened silhouettes of the foreground figures. Our eye then sweeps upward with the rising smoke, through the curves of the angelic banner and out into the heavens which have opened into our scene. When we settle back into the foreground, we have a wealth of other figures, earthly and etherial, on which to focus in turn.
Le Brun’s rich blues and deep orange-reds balance and complement each other beautifully, reinforcing the path of our eye and giving the painting a lively, vibrant character overall.